ASL LTD has been involved in the manufacture, supply and installations of Cold Rooms, Commercial Refrigerators, Counters, and Freezers.
Over the many years of our existence with a view to offer our ever growing number of customers with a comprehensive one stop solution for commercial kitchen equipment’s, fridges and coolers, we have partnered with International Hospitality Brand as exclusive distributor locally and within the larger East African Region.
List of Refrigeration Equipment and Appliances we deal with under this product range are;
• Stainless Steel Reach-in Refrigerator/Freezer
• Counter Fridges & Freezers with Solid Doors, Drawers or Glass Doors
• Stainless Steel Reach-in Freezer (Solid Door)
• Commercial Chest Freezers
• Cake Display Cabinets for 900MM, 1200MM and 1500MM
Major hotels, Resort and Catering firms are among the industries and repeat client that we supply with this equipment’s and accessories
INDUSTRIAL COLD ROOMS:
Precise temperature and operation control of display cases and cold rooms are vital for high-quality and safe food products. You have several options to achieve optimum operating conditions of display cases and cold rooms. You can choose either remote control, i.e. connected to a separate compressor rack/pack and condenser, or you can opt for a self-contained unit, where the entire system including compressor and condenser is housed in the unit.
• Reach In Cold Rooms
• Walk In Type
• Modular cold rooms,
• Combi cold rooms,
• Industrial cold rooms and
• Made to measure cold rooms.
What are Modular Cold Rooms?
Modular cold rooms are commercial sized refrigeration rooms, supplied in flat pack format for easy construction on site. The walls, floor and ceiling are made up of standard sized panels which are easily locked together. This enables a large variety of different sizes and configurations of cold room to be created using a small set of mass produced elements. For the end customer, this offers a highly tailored solution to fit whatever space they have available, but without the expense of a custom built room.
The panels used to construct modular cold rooms are highly efficient insulation materials encased within surfaces which are made from accredited food safe materials and are easy to clean. The standard surface is galvanized steel sheet coated with food safe polyester, but stainless steel is also available.
Modular cold rooms can be used to chill or freeze at any temperature range.
The three main temperature ranges supplied by ASL are:
Chiller (between 2 and 12C): Used for dairy, vegetables, prepared meals etc
Medium (between -2 and 5C): Used for fresh meat and fish
Freezer (down to -22C): Used for frozen goods of all kinds
Although food is the most common type of stock to be stored in modular cold rooms, they are also widely used for non-edible but perishable goods such as chemical or medical supplies, or other organic produce such as flowers or seeds.
Modern modular cold rooms, such as those supplied by ASL, do a lot more than simply keep stock cold. They also include a range of sophisticated design features to ensure the safety of personnel, compliance with food safety legislation, ease and efficiency of use and much more.
Combi Cold Rooms
The typical internal layout for combi cold rooms is to divide the room into two. The external access door leads into the warmest of the two zones (usually the chiller zone). One of the walls of the chiller zone will house an additional door which leads into the colder of the two zones (usually a freezer zone). Each zone is controlled by independent refrigeration units.
What are Walk- In Cold Rooms
Both the modular cold rooms and combi cold rooms described above are examples of Walk In Cold rooms. These cold rooms are simply cold rooms which are designed to enable a person to completely enter the room. Whereas a cabinet refrigerator holds stock immediately behind the door, a Walk In Cold room will have stock stored on shelving away from the door.
Walk In cold rooms become necessary when the amount of stock to be stored exceeds a level which can be easily accessed via a cabinet design, or which exceeds cabinet volumes.
What are Made to Measure rooms?
If a client has requirements which cannot be met using the modular or combi options described above, ASL can provide a made-to-measure cold room. This is a custom-built room which can be created to fit just about any dimensions required by the customer in multiples of 15cm in any dimension, giving a greater range of size options than the standard modular cold room options.
What are Industrial Cold Rooms?
Industrial cold rooms are designed to deal with volumes much higher than 20 Metres.
While the cold rooms discussed above are designed mainly for personnel access, with perhaps some trolley access, industrial cold rooms are designed to store bulk quantities of goods and can involve access by vehicles such as forklift trucks taking pallet loads of stock in and out of the room. Apart from simply being a great deal bigger, industrial cold rooms will have different design features to accommodate the different type of access and internal storage, such as larger doors and pallet racking.
Chiller storage temperature: between +2 to +10 ° C, and Freezer ( -10 to -18°C)
• Insulation Options: 80mm (standard) or 100mm (if extra insulation is required for increased energy efficacy, or in warmer ambient conditions).
• Height Options: 2100mm (standard) or 2400mm. (This increases to 2140mm or 2440mm if 100mm insulation is chosen.)
• Wall insulation is inserted into the subfloor in conjunction with the existing floor insulation imbedded to form a complete enclosure
• Floor insulation construct with 100mm thick polyurethane slab complete with polyethylene sheets in 2 layers.
• Joints to be overlapped and sealed with non-setting flexible sealant
• Insulation panels construct with 80/100mm thick foamed-in place polyurethane core with facings of stainless steel sheet.
• Floor heating element system complete with thermostat and control
• Evaporator unit constructed with textured aluminum, complete with electric fans, copper tubes staggered and mechanically expanded into corrugated aluminum fins operate on electrical defrost mode
• Air cooled condensing unit consisting of semi-hermetic compressor complete with necessary refrigeration components and accessories eg. hand valve, solenoid valve, expansion valve etc., all mounted on base frame
• Electrical control panel complete with refrigeration controller and necessary electrical components
• Designed to operate efficiently up to 30°C ambient environments
• User friendly electrical control with large easy readable digital thermometer for set and actual temperature, high temperature acoustic alarm, on-off switch with power on indication lamp
• Suitable LED/fluorescent light fitting suitable for cold room application
• Wall insulation panels can be cleaned easily
• Curved corners for ease of cleaning
• Easily replaceable heavy duty door gasket & door hinges
• Automatic Door lock
Condensing Units: Standard Features
• Audible & Visual Temperature Alarms
• Localized Self Diagnostic Capability
• Automatic Defrost Capability (complete with a manual override)
• Full LCD Display
• Status Operational Indicators…
GLYCOL CHILLERS & ICE BANKS
This cooling technology is high performance; it cools considerable quantities of water and enables the dispensing temperature to be kept constant even when continuously dispensing many liters.
The “ice bank” cooling system consists of a stainless steel coil and a copper coil immersed in a reservoir full of water. The copper coil containing the refrigerant gas freezes the water contained within the reservoir producing a cold supply, which in turn cools the drinking water flowing through the stainless steel coil.
In this way the water cooler offers greater performance and in particular it ensures the hygiene and quality of the water which is continuously flowing and never still in the reservoir.
Recently, the ice bank has been completely redesigned and equipped with technical features offering enhanced efficiency and performance. The new design allows for space optimization and an increase in the thermal exchange surface, so as to increase the production of ice within the reservoir and hence the cooling capacity.
The Ice Bank system is a simple technology based on storing cooling capacity at night and using it the following day to cool. At night when electricity is generated at less cost, chillers cool fluid and store it normally as chilled water or ice where a high cooling capacity is required for short, defined periods.\
Using ice as the cold storage medium, cooling temperatures of between 0 and 1 °C can be achieved. Should cooling temperatures of less than 0 °C be required, such as for storage tank cooling at a brewery, we recommend the use of a glycol ice bank.
This allows processes to be cooled for short periods down to -3 °C.
Benefits of the ASL Glycol Ice Bank:
• Cooling temperatures down to -3 °C
• Low nominal cooling capacity of refrigerator unit and thus low electrical load
• Use of low-cost electricity tariffs for making the ice, with future option of intelligent power meters (time-variable tariffs)
• Economically viable (low electrical load, high melting capacity at low cooling temperatures)
• Low servicing costs as refrigeration unit is small
• Lower refrigerant filling quantity (no leakage testing under 3 kg, climate-friendly)
• Simple, user-friendly system construction
• Plug-and-play technology, completely assembled and tested at our factory (24-hour test run for compact systems)
• Installation on site for split systems if required
Our Product & service Scope:
• Ready-to-run ice bank systems (complete with ice water pump, control cabinet, air injection etc.)
• Customized ice banks to client’s specification and to suit the space in which they will be installed
• Ice banks with storage capacities from 10 to 1000 kWh and up to 1000 kW melting capacity
• Ice storage systems with built-in or external refrigeration unit (water cooled, air cooled or split system)